Hardwood Floor Sanding And Refinishing - Flooring Tips: Top 10 Care Instructions For Real Hardwood Flooring
Did you know that real hardwood flooring can also add considerable value to your house? This is not only because it is a top quality flooring material, but also because of its classic charm and power to match most décor. Now, if you’re likely to invest in the substantial cost of setting up real hardwood flooring, you should be ready to protect your investment by putting in place some ground rules and also make a couple of alterations in ensure that your pride and joy remains in stunning condition for a long time to come.
There are many culprits responsible for harming real hardwood flooring. UV rays from the sun, wet spills, overzealous cleaners and tough contact with furnishings can all do considerable damage. Here are several techniques to take pleasure in your floors without having to be a slave to them.
1. Attach felt or plastic pads to the bottoms of chairs, tables and other furniture so that they can be moved around without scraping the floor.
2. Lift furniture, and don’t scrape it, as you move it throughout the room.
3. Steer clear of the use of toys, large or small, with wheels. The wheels are usually made from hard plastic that turns into rough with use.
4. When vacuuming, make use of the brush attachment. It’s even advisable to conserve one particular brush attachment for the real hardwood flooring and employ a separate one for other parts of the house.
5. Sand and dirt are abrasive so keep mats at doorways to the rooms where hardwood flooring is in place. Wiping feet removes many traces.
6. Ask your flooring expert about the correct cleaning agents to make use of on your floor. Different treatments on floors can call for specialized products for cleaning.
7. While sunshine buffering in through the window makes us feel good, it has the possibility to reduce your floors over time. Keep drapes and blinds closed whenever possible.
8. Spills should be cleaned up instantly as liquids, such as water, can blemish real hardwood flooring.
9. Never walk on hardwood floors while wearing high heels, especially those with stiletto spiked heels.
10. If pets are housed in the region, make certain their nails are trimmed to prevent scratching the floor.
While the above list may seem like a lot of bother, it’s worth paying attention to these points so that your real hardwood flooring can remain in top condition for the long haul. Enjoy your home and your floor and use it … an unused room is a wasted expense, regardless of what’s on the floors, walls or ceiling.
When it comes to floor sanding tips, flooring restoration, floor sanding, floor polishing and finishing, the expert team at National Floor Sanding are Sydney's best. Learn more here: Floor Sanding Prices
More references here: