Exercise, stress management and standard medical care combine to produce the very best heart healthy wellness plan. Since cardiovascular disease can be a leading reason behind mortality this prescription is great health promotion advice for everyone. February is National Hearth Health Month so let's look more closely at these three components and methods for having a heart healthy wellness routine.
Inside a new study, people who have cardiovascular disease who together with their routine health care exercised, or took a stress management class, fared a lot better than those who didn't. The final results suggest "considerable benefit" from exercise and stress management training, write they from Duke University. Not just did exercise and stress management lower markers of cardiovascular disease, however they were also associated with a reduction in emotional distress. In short, their hearts became healthier, in addition to their mental and emotional states improved.
A good continuing care retirement community will include stress management as part of their day to day activities. But how would they decide what's the best exercise regime? For seniors who wish to stay healthy and independent, the nation's Institute on Health recommends balancing four key areas for any well-rounded health and fitness program:
• Endurance: builds your aerobic capacity, provides you with more freedom to move, and strengthens your heart, letting you stay active for extended periods of time.
• Strength: builds muscles and increases your metabolism, which assists and also hardwearing . weight and blood glucose in check in addition to improves overall functional capacity.
• Balance: builds leg muscles, core strength and maintains independence by assisting you prevent falls and improve overall balance.
• Stretching: helps maintain flexibility, range of motion and eases joint stiffness.
And which are the best stress management techniques? To assist build emotional heart health, experts recommend going for a couple of minutes everyday to train relaxation techniques including:
• Breathing: learning proper breathing exercises for relaxation is simple and usually only requires a few simple instructions from your good teacher.
• Meditation: setting aside a few minutes to quiet your mind is like going for a mini-vacation. Prayer, visualization and guided imagery have shown to reduce stress.
• Attitude: your thinking largely drives your feelings and behavior. Practice positive thinking and use affirmations to create a better attitude.
Often, we forget to take good care of ourselves as well as over the long term this neglect can cause health conditions. Fortunately for seniors, an excellent continuing care retirement community can offer options to offset assisted living costs. For your overal wellness and the best heart health, medical professionals first suggest regular visits for your primary physician. The next phase is to participate in in moderate level exercise thirty minutes most everyday together with a variety of fitness activities.
And lastly, integrate stress management techniques to your daily routine. Combing these elements will give you an individual wellness policy for better overall heart health. A residential district with great elder care services should be able to provide regular stress management activities included in personalized wellness want to help sustain far better living standards for senior citizens. Now, the difficult part, and I know you have heard this somewhere before, Function It! It's National Heart Health Month understanding that ought to be good motivation, along with a great reason to start today.