While diabetes medications, insulin injections as well as other tools and resources which can help control blood sugar levels and are big business and can cost a diabetic no less than $10,000.00, there are lots of natural ways that can be even more effective at managing blood glucose levels in addition to being inexpensive. Do keep in mind that type 1 diabetes is irreversible and is not preventable but making healthy changes might help reduce symptoms and complication. Diabetes type 2 on the other hand can not just be prevented but can also be reversed. Here are 10 tips about how to reverse diabetes naturally.
Diabetes and Infertility
The way to Reverse Diabetes Naturally
1. The first step of course is prevention. An important way to reduce your likelihood of developing diabetes would be to keep your weight in order. At least 80 percent of those with type 2 diabetes are obese. Obesity is believed to lead to insulin resistance which raises the chance of developing pre-diabetes and kind 2 diabetes.
2. After you have this disease, one very important step on how to reverse diabetes naturally is by using your diet. Diet is at the heart of any diabetes treatment solution. The elements of the diet that directly impact your blood glucose is carbohydrates and sugar which can be turned into glucose (simple sugars) from the body which is then released in to the blood.
The hormone insulin will be produced by the beta cells in the pancreas and faced with removing this glucose from your blood and transferring it to the various cells of the body. Glucose is needed by the cells within the body because it provides the fuel or energy essential for day to day activities. This is why many diabetics are afflicted by fatigue and weakness. Because of malfunctioning insulin as a result of insulin resistance or perhaps the body not producing enough or any insulin, glucose remains in the blood has the effect of starving the cells from the fuel they need.
Since carbohydrates and sugar affect blood glucose levels, you will need to make changes using these. Important changes you will have to make include eliminating refined carbohydrates. Such as all the "white" foods produced from refined grains such as white rice, white pasta, white bread, etc. These are devoid of nutrients including fiber and raise blood sugar levels the fastest since they travel through the digestive system extremely fast because they contain nothing for the body to grab hold on to so that you can slow the digestion process which results in blood sugar spikes.
Rather than refined carbs, change to complex carbs which can be digested slower through the body which can help to manage blood sugar levels and prevent blood glucose levels spikes.
Sugar is another factor that you have to consider if you are considering steps regarding how to reverse diabetes naturally. Since sugar directly affects glucose levels you will have to consider decreasing the amount of sugar you consume.
You may need to eliminate white sugar and foods that have high amounts of processed sugar. Take into account that you may not need to eliminate sugar entirely but do know about how it can affect your blood sugar levels and make adjustments accordingly about how much to eat so when. Instead of eating sweet desserts every day, you may want to have a small piece of dessert once a week or once per month and so forth.
Fruits contain natural sugars (fructose) but as fruits contain a great many other beneficial vitamins and minerals, they should be okay to include on a diabetic diet that can tend to vary from one diabetic to another.
3. If your sugar levels are very high, one of the best methods to lower the levels rapidly is with exercise. Exercises are a crucial step along with diet in order to reverse diabetes naturally. Exercise has numerous benefits for the general health and well being of the mind, body and spirit. For those with diabetes, exercise gets the added benefit of being able to improve the sensitivity of the cells in the body to insulin which will help promote the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells where it is needed.
Before starting any workout program, do check with your doctor because some exercises is probably not suitable for a diabetic specifically if you have developed certain diabetes related complications for example foot problems, vision problems, etc.
4. Fiber is a vital aspect of how to reverse diabetes naturally because it helps to slow down the digestive process which helps to prevent blood sugar spikes. In addition to the fiber you get from complex carbohydrates discussed above, other excellent causes of fiber include fruits, vegetables, legumes, etc.
Fiber content which is abundant is foods like beans is especially important because it becomes gel like when along with water which decreases digestion as it travels with the digestive tract while helps you to control blood sugar levels.
Fiber can be important for any weightloss routine because it will help you feel fuller sooner that will prevent overeating. Because so many diabetics are overweight, incorporating more fiber inside the diet can not only help control blood glucose levels but can also help with weight reduction.
5. Significantly decrease or eliminate foods that have saturated fats and trans fats. Trans fats (seen in margarine for instance) needs to be eliminated entirely and also this goes for everyone rather than just diabetics. Saturated fats boost the risk of heart disease in the general population. For those who have diabetes who are already in danger of heart disease, unhealthy fats can make an already bad situation worse.
Along with increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease, saturated fats can lead to insulin resistance resulted in pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes. Fatty foods are commonly found in red meats, higher fat dairy products, etc. Replace fatty foods with healthy fats (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated efas) commonly found in olives, extra virgin olive oil, flaxseed oil, various nuts and seeds, cold water fish, etc. Making small changes gradually may have a huge impact in your fight against diabetes.
6. Think about adding cinnamon as certain compounds seen in cinnamon have been shown to manage to lowering blood sugar levels by enhancing the cells in the body absorb glucose like insulin as well as help the body utilize blood glucose better.
7. Figure out how to effectively manage the worries in your life. Stress can raise blood glucose levels because it causes the release of stress hormones. Stress also affects your blood sugar levels indirectly as it can cause overeating, not exercising, etc. A study showed that diabetics who had been able to lower their levels of stress were able to lower their blood glucose levels so stress management is vital for diabetics.
8. Another from the important tips on how to reverse diabetes naturally is always to consider adding nutritional supplements containing vitamins C, D and E and minerals such as magnesium, zinc, and calcium. These minerals and vitamins can help reduce the risk of diabetes related complications for example heart disease, eye disease and nerve damage. Glowing help cells be more sensitive to insulin and significantly lower blood glucose levels.
9. In order to prevent blood sugar levels level spikes, you might want to consider eating several small daily meals instead of two or three large meals which can lead to more glucose levels than insulin should be able to handle.
10. Change your mind and you will change your life. Moderate your health. While doctors and many other health practitioners would have been a source of helpful tips and resources, you should always be in the driver's seat. You will need to be proactive to discover various alternative therapies and information that will help you overcome diabetes or manage diabetes better. A variety of it will require trial and error. You need to be confident in your ability to obtain the answers and answers to help you manage this chronic disease.
Even though you learn how to manage your blood glucose levels, there may be instances when you may experience rapid swings in blood sugar due to stress, certain medications, food items you eat, etc. Anticipating and accepting these instances can help you move forward quicker by viewing these as a small bump within the road and not an important catastrophe that derails all of your efforts to manage your glucose levels.
You are more than capable of conquering diabetes. You need to believe that in order to make the necessary changes you need to make and either reverse this condition or comfortably manage diabetes while keeping symptoms and complications down.
Last updated 301 days ago by Reversediabetes6