Kartu royal diamond
Poker may seem like a cool job having a glamorous lifestyle, but is the fact that truly the case? Read on to see if you are ready to turn pro.
panduan main poker
The advantages of Playing Poker as a living
First, let's move on with why anyone would want to be a professional poker player. If this sounds like obvious to you then skip to another section!
- Choose your own hours - if you do not feel like working today, it's not necessary to!
- You are your personal boss - there isn't any one ordering you around.
- You receive all of the freedom that you would like - you'll be able to wake up whenever you feel like it.
- You can make more money than people your age, with relatively less effort.
- There are not many jobs in the world which are as fun as poker.
- You can make huge sums of cash in an exceedingly short period of time - everybody loves a quick buck!
- If you move to somewhere such as the UK, poker is completely legal and also you don't have to pay any taxes in your winnings.
- You can be lazy and disorganized, but still create a fortune! This is something you simply can't pull off in real life.
- You are able to fulfill your dreams. In life, you want to do what you enjoy the most. Most people develop attempting to be an actress, tennis player, singer etc. Professional poker is an alternate path to one of those glamorous careers.
Just how much Do You Really Enjoy Poker?
OK let's begin!
If you are reading this, you have probably played poker 'a bunch' and therefore are quite enjoying it. But would you like to play poker 5-6 times per week for the rest of your lifetime? It might appear like poker is the only thing for you to do right now, but in a few years' time you may think otherwise!
Also take into account the variance involved. It is possible you will probably have been running above expectation. In poker, downswings are inevitable and you've got so that you can handle it. Downswings can be very tough and cruel. Be prepared for them, because regardless of how good you are, it has happened to to you.
You need to be completely immersed in poker and learn about just about everything related to poker. You need to have that urge to play poker each day if you want to become a professional poker player.
What Skills Have to Become a Professional Poker Player?
Another factor to consider is how good you're really at poker. Are you currently really cut out for this? Most people aren't. Here are a few from the qualities you need to become a successful professional poker player:
- Have good temperament, discipline and self-control.
- You need to be fairly intelligent. You don't need to be considered a genius, but if you are always bottom of your Math's class then reconsider your job.
- Have a reasonable mathematical background - you'll need a general knowledge of odds and variance.
- You need to be competitive, but at the same time be able to place your ego aside.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good at reading people.
- Have a very good knack for games and gambling. This really is similar to running a business where people discuss having a good 'business acumen' - the word sounds nearly the same as bulls*** but in fact it matters enormously!
- You need to generally be a positive person.
- Able to handle pressure.
- Be able to pick yourself up during bad times.
The Realities of Life as a Professional Poker Player
When you turn pro, you have to keep improving constantly. Best poker players keep on improving after they have turned pro. You need to constantly make the hours and keep studying the game.
Generally, poker and social life do not go hand in hand. But if you will find the best balance between poker and life then that is a bonus. You have to just how you will be viewed by your family, friends and the community that you live in. Ignore this last advice if you don't care about what others consider you!
Ignore a specific item on television. Lifetime of the average professional poker player isn't that can compare with the poker players that you see around the World Poker Tour or even the World Series of Poker. Prepare for a long grind.
Consider the professions like actors and footballers (soccer). At the very top, you will find big rewards and they are mostly overpaid. But for the majority, it's a grind!
Also besides variance, there's also other factors that you have simply no control in poker. Do you think poker will probably be legal in your country forever? Look at the U.S. and Black Friday as an example. And lastly, are poker games in your town or online likely to continue to be just like they're?
How much cash Are you currently Making From Poker?
It is better to possess a long period of consistent results than a single big tournament win. If you have been generating money from poker than your work for the last Twelve months you very well may be ready to turn pro.
But to turn pro, you should be making a lot more from poker than your normal job. If one makes comparable amount of money as your current job, you should probably adhere to your job.
Remember all of the negatives related to poker (specially the downswings) and consider whether it is all worthwhile. If you've been making lots of money from poker, do you think your win rates are sustainable?
Are You Ready to Become a Professional Poker Player?
You may be in a stage in your lifetime where you stand better off doing other activities. A good example of this is if you are in university/college. You can still play online poker inside your free time and make money from it when you finish your degree.
Think about what you should be sacrificing in order to pursue your poker dream. Is quitting your job really worth it? It may seem just like a good idea at the time however, you may be sorry later.
Do you have any backup plans? Poker might have to go horribly wrong for you personally and you will end up left out by individuals how old you are. Using a degree is a good start, however, you require more nowadays.
Moreover, do you actually have a large enough bankroll? You'll need even more buy-ins whenever your main income source is poker. Be cautious and choose 50 buy-ins for cash games and 200 buy-ins for tournaments. There are other variance in poker than most people think.
However, a brand new variety of poker players are staked players in tournaments. If you are backed by someone you do not even require a bankroll, provided you've got a good history and someone who trusts you. You will find actually many upsides for this. Stay tuned for an article dedicated to staked poker players.
Just Go For It
If you've read all of the above and still think poker as a career is right for you, you will want to simply go for it! Poker needs to end up being the absolute main concern in your lifetime. Just keep putting the hours in. Should you play online you ought to get the very best deals and rewards to increase your profitability. You ought to be reading books, forums, strategy websites as well as watch poker training videos. Who knows, you might be the next Phil Ivey. Best of luck!
Last updated 55 days ago by panduanpoker2